3.30.2008

3.16.87-3.15.08



It has been an incredibly surreal two weeks(I can't believe its been two weeks). One of my best friends, David Blakeslee, passed away early Saturday morning March 15th. I received the news Saturday evening when I got in from work and life has just been muffled since. David and I have been friends since we were 14-15 years old. We've gone through a lot together; the good, the bad, and the devastatingly ugly. David is possibly one of the best musicians to have picked up a guitar or taken a seat at a piano. He was immensely talented, creative, and kind. If it wasn't for David I surely wouldn't be who I am today. Having been fortunate enough to be close with David was a blessing and I regret nothing we have done or did not do together. I wish he had the strength to carry the cross he was burdened with in life for he had so much to live for. I love him very much and miss him greatly. Every day will be a reminder of him and everything I have done and will do is going to be a direct result of being a part of David's all too sort time with us. Rest in peace, my love.


The above image is a reproduction shot I did for David's parents. This is a self portrait David did sometime during the summer of 2007. Acrylic on drywall, roughly 20x24"

No comments: