1.31.2008

Heart Show




Jinxed Clothing's Myspace


Jinxed Clothing in Philadelphia will be having their second annual Pre-Valentine's Day Heart Show. Over a shit load of artists are given eight inch wooden craft hearts to do whatever it is they please. All hearts are for sale for under $100. I had this really awesome idea to build my heart a set of electrical wire ribs and a spine made of moss. I went up to Antonelli a couple weeks ago and set everything up and was shooting with my 8x10 hoping to make some contact prints and then some Polaroid 809 prints. I shoot about 6 sheets then I start to shoot the polaroids. My first prints comes out horribly over exposed so I check out what setting are on the lens and it turns out the iris blades on my Kodak 7.5" where stuck open at f/6.3. This means the 6 sheets of film I shot were over exposed as well. Shit. So it didn't pan out the way I wanted it to. However, I found the time today to set everything up and give it another shot only this time I'd use my Bronica SQ system.




It didn't turn out the way I had imagined it and am not found of it for the Heart Show. My new plan is to use Rockland's Liquid Emulsion to print a nude I shot on the wooden heart. I'll post that once I finish it.
Tri-X 320, HC110-B, f/22 @ 1/250

I also found on the roll of 220 tri-x I used to shoot the heart, ANOTHER dead deer!
Enjoy.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dead deer. You're fucking hilarious.